Thursday, May 26, 2022

The Final Say

I tell you most solemnly, you will be weeping and wailing while the world will rejoice; you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn to joy.
Jn.16:20

Jesus prepares his disciples for his coming crucifixion. He promises that their sorrow will not be the end of the story. Joy will have the final say.

Despair is born of hopelessness. A Christian is never hopeless, no matter what the disaster that befalls. It couldn't be worse than watching one in whom you placed all your hope, dreams and love being nailed to a cross. Yet Jesus said that sort of sorrow in a believer is never the end. It will be turned into joy.

This is big picture stuff. Pain demands my immediate attention. Hope says look beyond and believe. Sorrow will come but it will turn into joy.

Thank you Jesus for calling me to not look down but to look up. My joy is founded on you my Rock.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

 

No comments: