Wednesday, May 4, 2022

All Who Believe

Alleluia, alleluia!
All who believe in the Son have eternal life,
and I will raise them up on the last day, says the Lord.
Alleluia!

Today's Gospel Acclamation is taken from the Gospel itself, Jn.6:40. Jesus gives the pure and simple key to eternal life. Belief in him.

After ninety-two years of atheism my mother accepted Jesus into her life by saying two words; "I believe." She knew she was days from dying and had been drifting in and out of a coma. I asked her, "What do you believe, mum?"  Her reply was to recite the Lord's Prayer. 

Mum's statement of belief opened the door to eternal life for her. My dad had died a professing believer thirteen years earlier. I have every confidence they are together and that I have hope in seeing them again. What a beautiful gift mum gave me five days before she died. 

Thank you Jesus for leading mum and dad home. I again proclaim my belief in you and all your promises. I place my trust in you. Alleluia!
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: