Friday, May 13, 2022

The Way

Thomas said, ‘Lord, we do not know where you are going, so how can we know the way?’ Jesus said: ‘I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one can come to the Father except through me.’
Jn.14:5,6

Jesus is comforting his disciples at the Last Supper. After saying they know the way to where he is going Thomas disagrees. Jesus says if you know me you know the way.

The early Church was known as the people of The Way, even before they were called Christians. So can we still be called today. Heaven's glory may be unfathomable but Jesus is with me, walking beside me, guiding me on the way back home to God the Father. 

To know Jesus is to know the way. If I'm following Jesus, every day is a day closer to home. And, when I'm following the way I'm also breathing in truth and life. What a great way to live out today.

Jesus, you are my way, my truth and my life. I commit to following you today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.


No comments: