Wednesday, May 18, 2022

He is de Vine, I am de Branch

I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me, with me in him, bears fruit in plenty; for cut off from me you can do nothing.
Jn.15:5

Jesus instructs his disciples just before his passion and death. He tells them to remain connected to him so they can bear much fruit. 

In Steve Green's classic song 'He'll take Care of the Rest' there's a great line... "Remember he is de vine, and you are de branch," When I remember that, all my insecurities and worries melt away. I stop focussing on what I can't do and start focussing on what Jesus can do. 

I've been holding off starting an Alpha Course this year because of the COVID pandemic which is continuing to rage. It's made the face to face Alpha Course less palatable. But we can run an online Alpha. Yes it will be different from what we've normally done but I keep hearing about what God is doing with online Alpha. I need to stop looking at the negatives and start focussing on the positives and simply do what I can. He is de vine, I am de branch. He'll take care of the rest. 

Lord Jesus, I reconnect with you today. Let me bear fruit in plenty.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.



No comments: