Tuesday, May 17, 2022

The Yoke of Peace

Peace I bequeath to you, my own peace I give you, a peace the world cannot give, this is my gift to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.
Jn.14:27

Jesus is preparing his disciples for what is about to happen... his passion and death. The best preparation he can give them is the gift of peace.

Jesus always said "when" not "if" regarding troubles in our lives.  When massive troubles are about to overwhelm the disciples as Jesus is crucified, he prepares them with the gift of peace, a peace the world cannot give. And what follows this peace? Joy, even in the midst of troubles.

There are times lately when troubles have been dominating my thinking and emotions. Here is the antidote. The peace of Jesus. I let this peace in when I trust him. I don't see the full picture and don't have to... Jesus does and he is with me... today.

Jesus, again on your invitation I cast all my cares upon you. I lay all of my burdens down at your feet. My heavy yoke I exchange for your light and easy one. Your yoke's only burden is the gift of peace.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: