Sunday, May 22, 2022

I Believe

I have told you this now before it happens, so that when it does happen you may believe.
Jn.14:29

Jesus is giving final instructions to his disciples before his passion and death. Why? So they may believe.

C. S. Lewis wrote there are three things fundamental to the outworking of a Christian life... baptism, communion and belief. Jesus wants me to believe in him, to believe in his promises, to believe in his Word. 

I'm about to attend Mass. With belief I enter into a wonderful place where I confess, where I'm fed by his Word and where I recite the Creed proclaiming my belief and where I'm fed by his body. What a glorious place! What a glorious life.

Jesus, I believe in you and your promises for me. Thank you Lord.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: