Thursday, May 19, 2022

Just Keep on Loving

If you keep my commandments you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my own joy may be in you and your joy be complete.
Jn.15:10,11

Jesus is giving final instruction to his disciples before his crucifixion. He zeros in on what his message has always been about... love. 

If I want a joyful life here is the key. Love. Love permeates every thought, word and action. There's nowhere it doesn't apply. How do I love? Keep Jesus' commandments. Where do I find these commandments so I can keep them? In scripture and in the Church, in other words, in a religious life. 

Like Dory in Finding Nemo famously says, "Just keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...", Jesus is saying, "Just keep on loving, loving, loving...". Today, joy is mine for the asking. Just keep on loving.

Thank you Jesus for your commandment to love. Holy Spirit, fill me afresh so I can keep on loving today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: