Thursday, September 30, 2021

Start with Peace

Whatever house you go into, let your first words be, “Peace to this house!” And if a man of peace lives there, your peace will go and rest on him; if not, it will come back to you.
Lk.10:5,6

Jesus is instructing the seventy-two disciples before their mission trip. He instructs that their very first action in each house is to extend a blessing of peace.

For the human condition peace was and is and always will be a desirable commodity. Jesus knew this and made it the mission ignition point for every household the disciples entered. This is the model for all Christian mission. Start with a blessing of peace.

I find when I start with peace, joy quickly follows. My mission trip today is the people I'm about to meet at home and at work. I'll start with peace  and watch for the joy.

Jesus, you are the Prince of Peace. Help me be an emissary of peace to all those I meet today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.



 

No comments: