Thursday, September 23, 2021

Way Truth Life

Gospel Acclamation 

Alleluia, alleluia! 
I am the way, the truth, and the life, says the Lord; 
no one comes to the Father except through me. 
Alleluia!
Jn.14:6 

Jesus is comforting his disciples. In answer to Thomas's question about where Jesus is going, Jesus says, "To the Father and you can come too, via me".

This statement is not very PC. It's too exclusive for the modern world. Surely there are other ways to the Father. Not according to Jesus. He is THE way. This puts emphasis on evangelisation. I have loved ones who don't follow Jesus. If I desire them to have a home in heaven, they need to know the way there. 

Also, there is a great joy in living on the way to truth and life. I'm always looking up, moving further in. This is the source of my joy and optimism today. It's a joy that deserves sharing.

Jesus, you are my way, my truth, my life. Help me share the joy I have in you today.
Saint Philip Neri, patron saint of Joy, please pray for us.


No comments: