Thursday, September 9, 2021

The Face of Love

Over all these clothes, to keep them together and complete them, put on love. And may the peace of Christ reign in your hearts, because it is for this that you were called together as parts of one body. Always be thankful.
Col.314,15

Saint Paul lists all the virtues that should be active in a believer's life. They are the natural ourworking of love, peace and gratitude.

Paul lists compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, forbearance, forgiveness. This is the attractive face of the Church that draws people in. 

The opposite is coldness, cruelty, pride, harshness, impatience, intolerance and judgement. This is the ugly face of the Church that repels. 

I'm a member of the body. What virtues and vices do people see in me? God's word and the words of those close to me are my mirrors. 

Jesus, help me root out my vices and foster my virtues so I can more authentically reflect you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: