Saturday, September 18, 2021

Noble and Generous Heart

As for the part in the rich soil, this is people with a noble and generous heart who have heard the word and take it to themselves and yield a harvest through their perseverance.
Lk.8:15

Jesus is explaining the parable of the sower to his disciples. The seed falling on rich soil are people who hear God's word and act on it, people with a noble and generous heart.

Noble is an old fashioned word meaning a person with fine personal qualities or high moral principles. A generous person is one who has a readiness to give more than is strictly necessary. These are people I like to be around. They are people who Jesus held up as rich soil yielding a plentiful harvest for God.

Noble and generous. These are virtues I can aspire to. Today my actions can be measured against the question, "Is what I'm doing noble and generous".

Jesus, you are both noble and generous. Help me be rich soil so your word can yield a rich harvest in my life.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.



 

No comments: