Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Rebuke Cure and Proclaim

Jesus called the Twelve together and gave them power and authority over all devils and to cure diseases, and he sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal.
Lk.9:1,2

Jesus is commissioning the twelve apostles prior to their first mission trip. He gives them power to rebuke, cure and proclaim, which is what they set out and do.

There are some who say that was for then, that we don't have that authority or mandate now. What a dead religion if that were true. No, I am called to rebuke, cure and proclaim today. Through my baptism and the Church I have been given that power, given that authority. The Kingdom of God is near today.

Lord Jesus, I receive your commission. Help me be a scourge to the devil and his demons. Help me heal and proclaim your Good News today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

No comments: