Friday, September 10, 2021

Mercy and Grace gives Faith and Love

 

Mercy, however, was shown me, because until I became a believer I had been acting in ignorance; and the grace of our Lord filled me with faith and with the love that is in Christ Jesus.
1Tim.1:13,14

Paul writes of what his conversion involved from God, mercy and grace, and what was the result in his life, faith and love.

This is true of my own conversion. Mercy and grace rescuing me from ignorance and filling me with faith and love. If I want to have any effect in a non-believer's life the starting point is showing them mercy and grace, even if they are persecuting what I hold dear. Today I need to be a channel of mercy and a flood of grace.

Jesus, you rescued me by your mercy and grace. Help me be a channel of mercy and grace to those I meet today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

No comments: