Saturday, September 11, 2021

Hear Act

Everyone who comes to me and listens to my words and acts on them – I will show you what he is like. He is like the man who when he built his house dug, and dug deep, and laid the foundations on rock.
Lk.6:47,48

Jesus insists that listening to his words is not enough. I must act on them or ruin for my household will follow.

Good foundations are crucial.  This well known parable of the wise man building his house on the rock contains sobering words. They highlight how my actions, or lack of them, affects not only me but my household, my family. 

So, how do I lay good foundations for my household? According to Jesus, hearing his words then acting on them. The process starts with hearing. My morning prayer is time of less noise, I time when I can hear. Acting on what I hear follows throughout the day. Acting requires intention. That can be tough but it's possible... one day at a time, starting with today.

Jesus, I hear you plain enough. Help me act on your words so I can lay a strong foundation for my household.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

 

No comments: