Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Full of Thanksgiving

You must live your whole life according to the Christ you have received – Jesus the Lord; you must be rooted in him and built on him and held firm by the faith you have been taught, and full of thanksgiving.
Col.2:6,7

Paul writes to demonstrate that Christ is supreme over every human philosophy and accomplishment. The believer must choose to be rooted, built and held by faith in Christ, all bound together by an overarching gratitude. 

It is good for me to recall what Jesus has done for me. It stirs my faith and brings on gratitude. Thankfulness is a natural consequence of faith. An optimist tends to be a person full of hope who is always thankful. They are contagious, which is why they're great to hang around. 

Today I choose to be a man full of thanksgiving.

Thank you Jesus for the freedom, peace and joy you have given me. I will speak of your love forever.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.


No comments: