Saturday, July 23, 2022

Wheat among the Weeds

The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field. While everybody was asleep his enemy came, sowed darnel all among the wheat, and made off. When the new wheat sprouted and ripened, the darnel appeared as well.
Mt.13:24-26

Jesus tells the parable of the wheat among the weeds, warning that evil can enter a church and appear to do well but judgement will come when good and evil will be separated, one for reward and the other for damnation.

I live in a world full of weeds and the weeds appear to be doing quite nicely thank you.  Even though the weeds grow well, so does the wheat. As long as I don't cross pollinate, stay true to my Christian calling, I'll be alright in the end. But, why not help some of the weeds become wheat in the process. Now that defies science but is entirely possible for God. It's what happened in my life.

Jesus, you give weeds a chance, their day in the sun, to allow time for them to become wheat. Help me be a gardener in that field.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: