Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Shine on the Parade

But the Lord replied, ‘Do not say, “I am a child.” Go now to those to whom I send you and, say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to protect you – it is the Lord who speaks!’
Jer.1:7,8

God is calling Jeremiah to his prophetic ministry. Jeremiah protests that he is too young and lacking eloquence. God replies, "I call you, I'll equip you".

One of my weaknesses is that I tend to rain on people's parades. I focus on the negative rather than elevate the positive. Like Jeremiah, I can even rain on God's parade. The devil loves the pessimist and hates the optimist. Today I chose to be the optimist in the room, the cheerful Charlie, not only for other people but for myself. I can shine on the parade.

Jesus, forgive the times I have rained on your parade, your plans for my life. Help me accentuate the positive.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: