Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Sorry Thank you Please

Jesus began to reproach the towns in which most of his miracles had been worked, because they refused to repent. ‘Alas for you, Chorazin! Alas for you, Bethsaida!'
Mt.11:20,21

Jesus rebukes the towns that witnessed his authority yet still refused to give up their evil ways and turn back to God. 

Repentance is the essential part of the transformational life of a Christian. I can't have it two ways. I can't say I accept Jesus and still live an obstinately sinful life. Yes, grace and mercy are held out to me but when I'm embroiled in sin they are held out behind me. I actually have to turn around, turn away from the sin to receive them. 

It's a three step process for me to follow today. Sorry, thank you, please. 

Jesus, I am sorry for the times I have turned from you to have my own way. Thank you Lord for your life-saving grace and mercy you hold out to me from the Cross. Please help me not to sin again.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: