Saturday, July 9, 2022

Be Not Afraid

Can you not buy two sparrows for a penny? And yet not one falls to the ground without your Father knowing. Why, every hair on your head has been counted. So there is no need to be afraid; you are worth more than hundreds of sparrows.
Mt.10:29-31

Jesus instructs the twelve Apostles three times within a few verses not to be afraid. Why? Because a loving and mighty father is watching over them.

The Apostles are preparing for a mission trip. Jesus knows their biggest obstacle is within their own heads... fear. This is still true for me today. Fear is what stalls me when working for God's Kingdom. What if I'm laughed at? What if they say no to my invitation. What if our plans fail? What if, what if, what if...

Jesus reminds me I am precious in God's sight and that his mighty and loving hand is always over me. I'm to feel the fear and do it anyway. 

Thank you Holy Spirit for being my Paraclete, my protector and guide. Walk beside me today so I may be a joyful witness for Jesus, without fear.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.


No comments: