Tuesday, July 19, 2022

He's My Brother

And stretching out his hand towards his disciples he said, ‘Here are my mother and my brothers. Anyone who does the will of my Father in heaven, he is my brother and sister and mother.
Mt.12:49,50

Word reaches Jesus as he is teaching a packed crowd that his anxious family are standing outside. He responds by saying his true family are all who do the will of God his Father.

When I do God's will I am more than Jesus' friend, I'm his brother. We are family. Discipleship brings with it intimacy with Jesus and with that comes love, peace and joy. 

I was asked what the Alpha Course is trying to achieve. The answer lies in the word discipleship. Introduce people to the love of Jesus and they become disciples with a renewed identity and purpose. They become... I become... a beloved brother or sister in the family of God.

Jesus, I lift up to you the Divine Renovation gathering in Taupo. Holy Spirit, sweep through that assembly so they are inflamed with desire to make disciples of all nations.
Saint Philip Neri, pray for us.

No comments: