Thursday, July 14, 2022

Rest for My Soul

Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.’
Mt. 11:282-30

Jesus invites all who are weighed down to exchange their burdens for his light, easy yoke and find rest.

This call from Jesus echoes down through the ages, appealing to everyone. We all carry more than we need to. I carry more than I need to.

Every soul is searching for rest. Jesus' gentle humility meets me in the midst of my worries and cares, my burdens, and says, "Ok Mike, it's time to hand it over. Come on, receive in its place rest for your soul". 

Jesus, I hand my heavy burdens over to you. You love those I am concerned for more than I do. I receive your gentle humility and make it my own today. You give rest for my soul.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: