Saturday, July 2, 2022

Peace and Purpose

Mercy and faithfulness have met; justice and peace have embraced. Faithfulness shall spring from the earth and justice look down from heaven.
Ps.84:10,11

God returns and restores his repentant people. His mercy meets their faithfulness, his justice restores their peace.

Recently I was inviting a man to our Alpha Course. He looked at me skeptically and asked, "What's this course trying to do?" Today's psalm answers his question. Alpha wants to let God restore peace and purpose to people's lives, peace from knowing I'm infinitely lovable and infinitely loved... purpose from knowing a loving God has a unique plan for my life.

I can be an emissary of mercy and peace today.

Jesus, your mercy has rescued me, your peace has restored me. Help me bring mercy and peace to those I meet today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: