Friday, July 29, 2022

I will Live

I am the resurrection and the life. If anyone believes in me, even though he dies he will live, and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.
Jn.11:25,26

Jesus arrives at Lazarus' tomb. He reassures Martha that he is the source of eternal life for all who believe.

We know the story. Lazarus, four days dead, is raised miraculously back to life by Jesus' call into the tomb. Yet, Lazarus eventually died. There's no record of a man in Palestine walking around for two thousand years. Lazarus' physical return to life was to demonstrate the glory of God's wonderful plan for all who believe, God's wonderful plan for me, that death does not have the final say.

As all consuming as the joys and struggles of my day could be, overarching everything is the truth that even though I will die one day, I will live. Death has been conquered. Halleluia!

Thank you Jesus for rescuing me from the grave. My hope and joy is placed in you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.


No comments: