Thursday, July 28, 2022

Clay in His Hands

House of Israel, cannot I do to you what this potter does? – it is the Lord who speaks. Yes, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so you are in mine, House of Israel.
Jer.18:6

Jeremiah is led by God to a potter's house. There he watches the potter as he reshapes a distorted pot on his wheel into one that is new and perfect. God says he can do the same with mankind.

The truth is we are all cracked pots, distorted by wounds and sadness. God re-softens the hard, brittle clay of my life and then shapes me into what I was always meant to be. What looked as though it was beyond redemption is made new. I'm a new man.

This is Good News. This gives me renewed hope and purpose. 

Thank you Jesus that you are in the business of making old distortions into something new and beautiful. I give you permission to reshape me into the man you always meant me to be.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.


No comments: