Tuesday, November 23, 2021

The Great Checkmate

Alleluia, alleluia!
Be faithful until death, says the Lord,
and I will give you the crown of life.
Alleluia!
Rev.2:10

In John's apocalyptic vision Jesus is encouraging believers to not be afraid of suffering and persecution from the devil as faithfulness will be crowned with eternal life.

The end of the Church's year focuses starkly on end times. The message consistently says tough times will come but do not be afraid as Jesus has overcome even these days of trial. 

Jesus is the great checkmate.  His position as my resurrected King overcomes all opposition. This knowledge gives a peace and joy despite what is happening. The highs and lows of life do not affect this wonderful truth. This is the source of my joy today.

Thank you Jesus that you are the same yesterday, today and forever. I claim your victory over my life and the lives of my loved ones this day.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.


No comments: