Thursday, November 11, 2021

Foot Soldier

The coming of the kingdom of God does not admit of observation and there will be no one to say, “Look here! Look there!” For, you must know, the kingdom of God is among you.
Lk.17:20,21 

Answering the Pharisee's question on the coming of God's Kingdom, Jesus says it's not to be revealed just to a chosen few to direct others. God's Kingdom is already here to be perceived by all those with eyes to see. 

God's Kingdom here on earth is being fought for and claimed by the Church Militant while God's Kingdom in heaven is occupied by the Church Triumphant. My role while here on earth is one of a soldier, fighting in my family, my parish, my workplace for God's Kingdom to come. 

I step into today a foot soldier ready to fight.

Jesus, you are my commander. Be at my side directing me in battle so your kingdom my come, your will be done.
Saint Michael the Archangel, protect me in the day of battle. 

No comments: