Saturday, November 13, 2021

Keep on Praying

Now will not God see justice done to his chosen who cry to him day and night even when he delays to help them? I promise you, he will see justice done to them, and done speedily. But when the Son of Man comes, will he find any faith on earth?’
Lk.18:7,8

Jesus is explaining his parable of the Unjust Judge giving justice to the persistent widow. Persistent prayer moves God's hand but with a caveat. It must be powered by faith.

My daily prayer list is filled with petitions as yet unanswered. Some have been on the list for years, like prayer for the conversion of proudly atheist politicians as yet unrepentant. Today's reading encourages me to continue praying fervently with faith. Jesus has made a promise that justice will be achieved.

Lord Jesus, prayer of the faithful moves your hand. This is a great mystery that consoles and encourages me. Thank you Lord.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

 

 

No comments: