Thursday, November 18, 2021

Jesus Wept

...and all because you did not recognise your opportunity when God offered it!’
Lk.19:44

Jesus is weeping over Jerusalem, prophesying its destruction as the result of missing who he is and the salvation he offers.

Jesus must weep over New Zealand, a country that has retreated from its Christian heritage and turned its back on God. There is a generation now who have never had the Good News clearly presented to them, have never had an opportunity to even accept or deny who Jesus is. The message of peace must be proclaimed so hearers have a chance to understand it. 

I need to create opportunities for people to hear the message, starting with my own little Church, my grandchildren. 

Jesus, break my heart over the things that break yours. Give me a zeal to proclaim your Good News, your message of peace and joy.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


 

No comments: