Sunday, November 14, 2021

Qualify

And then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory; then too he will send the angels to gather his chosen from the four winds, from the ends of the world to the ends of heaven.
Mk.13:26,27

Jesus is prophesying to his disciples the end of time and day of judgement to which all of the world will be subjected.

The Church is nearing the end of its calendar year and its focus is shifting to end times and what Jesus has to say about it. He has much to say. There will be a separating of sheep from goats. There will be everlasting joy and everlasting anguish. There will be no escaping.

It's a good reminder to keep one eye firmly fixed on the Day of Judgement, no matter how good or bad things appear at the moment. The goal is to be worthy of heaven and to make sure as many as possible join me. I can't earn my entry ticket but I can qualify.

Jesus, you show that love is the surest way to gain entry to heaven. Help me love those I meet today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: