Tuesday, November 9, 2021

A Life-giving Drop

Wherever the river flows, all living creatures teeming in it will live. Fish will be very plentiful, for wherever the water goes it brings health, and life teems wherever the river flows.
Ez.47:9

In Ezekiel's great vision he is shown the River of Life flowing out from the Temple that houses God. The river brings life and health to everything it touches. 

Today is the Feast of the Dedication of the Lateran Basilica in Rome, the oldest church in the western world and the mother church for all Catholics. The analogy of the reading from Ezekiel is clear. From the Church is a flow of life giving water. 

I am a drop in that river of life. Where ever I go today I am to bring health and life.

Jesus, you are the source of all life. You came to bring life in its fullness. Make me a conduit for your life giving waters today.
Saints John the Baptist and John the Evangelist, please pray for me.

No comments: