Friday, November 12, 2021

See the Signs

As it was in Noah’s day, so will it also be in the days of the Son of Man.
Lk.17:26

Jesus is teaching his disciples about the coming day of judgement, how it will arrive suddenly and catch out the unprepared.

I read yesterday the report of a terrible traffic accident where four people were killed when a van collided with a truck. None of the four would have thought when they got out of bed that day it would be their last. We all are going to die, we just don't know when.

Jesus' analogy used Noah in the Ark and Lot leaving Sodom. Noah and Lot recognised the signs of impending doom. They and their households alone were saved. The rest were busy eating, drinking, being too distracted by temporal pleasures to notice spiritual warnings.

The temporal shouts loudly in my ears. I need this regular quiet time to hear God.

Jesus, give me wisdom and perception to see the signs so I may save my household. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

 

No comments: