Friday, November 19, 2021

I am Known

Alleluia, alleluia! 
My sheep listen to my voice, says the Lord; 
I know them, and they follow me. 
Alleluia!
Jn.10:27

Today's Gospel Acclamation has Jesus is in the temple telling the Jewish leaders they are not of his fold as they don't recognise his authority. Those who do believe in him are known to him and follow him to eternal life. 

Being called a sheep is normally a derogatory term, the inference being you are a mindless follower with no originality. Jesus turns that around saying those who are wise are sheep who follow him while the foolish stray, following their own paths. 

Sheep need a shepherd. I need a shepherd. Praise God for the Good Shepherd, the one who left the ninety-nine to find me a carry me home. When I listen to his voice, study his Word, Jesus knows me. How wonderful that I am not alone, that I am know and loved by God. 

Jesus, be my companion today. Know me as I follow you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: