Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Spend Time

‘How do you know me?’ said Nathanael. ‘Before Philip came to call you,’ said Jesus ‘I saw you under the fig tree.’ Nathanael answered, ‘Rabbi, you are the Son of God, you are the King of Israel.’
Jn.1:48,49

Philip has just led Nathanael to Jesus with the invitation to "Come and see". Jesus demonstrates his knowledge of Nathanael who responds with a great declaration of faith.

Nathanael was a devout Jew, of a sect that spent time in prayer with God alone in the desert. That Jesus knew where he had been proved to Nathanael that Jesus was the one he had spending time with. He knew that Jesus knew.

When you spend time with someone you get to know them. I want to be like Nathanael, spending so much time with Jesus that I recognise him in my day. 

Jesus, you are the Son of God, the King of all creation. Fill me with your Spirit so I recognise you in my day.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

 

 

No comments: