Saturday, August 7, 2021

Move Mountains

Then the disciples came privately to Jesus. ‘Why were we unable to cast it out?’ they asked. He answered, ‘Because you have little faith. I tell you solemnly, if your faith were the size of a mustard seed you could say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it would move; nothing would be impossible for you.’
Mt.17:19,20

Jesus has just cast out a demon from a boy. He rebukes the disciples for being unable to do so. It's their lack of faith that limited the power of their prayer.

Once again Jesus highlights the importance of faith. Without faith not much can happen. With it mountains are moved. My faith is a gift not just for me. It's a muscle to flex when interceding for others.

Thank you Jesus for my gift of faith. I yoke it to hope and love in the service of your Kingdom.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

No comments: