Sunday, May 30, 2021

Pathway to Glory

The Spirit himself and our spirit bear united witness that we are children of God. And if we are children we are heirs as well: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, sharing his sufferings so as to share his glory.
Rms.8:16,17
Saint Paul affirms our sonship by pointing out how the Holy Spirit testifies to this. Sonship means we are co-heirs with Jesus, destined to share in his inheritance, both suffering and glory.

I look and Jesus' glory and say "Yay! I want some of that." I look at his sufferings and simply shudder. Yet Jesus calls me to both. My consolation is that Jesus also promises that glory is the end and final result. 

So, suffering is the pathway to glory. Thank God I don't travel this path alone. Come Holy Spirit.

Holy Spirit be in me, beside me, above and below me. Comfort and strengthen me. Bring me home.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.


No comments: