Monday, May 10, 2021

Open Heart Surgery

One of these women was called Lydia, a devout woman from the town of Thyatira who was in the purple-dye trade. She listened to us, and the Lord opened her heart to accept what Paul was saying.
Acts.16:14

After being led by the Holy Spirit to Macedonia, Paul preaches outside Philippi to a group of women. One of the women is converted by Paul's preaching and she and her household are baptised.

Lydia is often referred to as the first European convert. She is described as having an opened heart, maybe the first to receive "open heart surgery". 

A change of heart best describes what I experienced when converted. It was a move to a different opinion, specifically about Jesus. My heart was previously hard, then it became soft. This is the experience I pray will happen to our Alpha Course guests. 

The world tries to calcify my heart. I need to keep it soft.

Lord Jesus, you performed a successful heart transplant on me all those years ago. Help me keep a soft heart today for those I meet today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

 

No comments: