Saturday, May 22, 2021

What about him? What about me?

‘What about him, Lord?’ Jesus answered, ‘If I want him to stay behind till I come, what does it matter to you? You are to follow me.’
Jn.21:21,22

The risen Jesus has just met the disciples for the last time, breakfasting on the beach. He has commissioned Peter to feed his lambs and sheep. Peter asks, what about John? Jesus replies that John's story is John's story. Peter is to focus on his own task, following Jesus.

My business is to follow Jesus. Yes, that does mean spreading the Good News to others but their story still remains their story. I'm not to get too hung up in trying to write it. My story is the one I'm commissioned to write. 

Lord Jesus, help me be the best follower I can be and leave the rest up to you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: