Friday, May 28, 2021

Bear Fruit

GOSPEL ACCLAMATION
Alleluia, alleluia! 
I have chosen you from the world, says the Lord, 
to go and bear fruit that will last. 
Alleluia!
Jn15:16

Today's Gospel Acclamation has Jesus commissioning all believers with an assignment that each individual can complete in their own unique way. Go and bear fruit.

The fruit is the same. Souls brought to Jesus. The method of bearing the fruit varies as widely as there are different types of people. What's my cultivation method? Where's my garden?

I think I tend to work relationally so I work best in community. My family, my parish, Alpha Courses. These are my gardens to nurture and bear fruit.

Jesus, what a joy and privilege it is to work in your garden, to harvest souls for you. Help me Lord, this weekend in particular for the Alpha Away Day, to keep that joy and invite the Holy spirit to do the work. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

No comments: