Saturday, May 8, 2021

Holy Spirit GPS

They travelled through Phrygia and the Galatian country, having been told by the Holy Spirit not to preach the word in Asia. When they reached the frontier of Mysia they thought to cross it into Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them.
Acts.16:6,7

Saint Paul has met Timothy who now joins him on his second missionary trip. The Holy Spirit guides them as to where to go and preach the Good News.

Looking at a map of Saint Paul's missionary journeys, they look like random meanderings. The very opposite is true. They were guided specifically by the Holy Spirit is to where and when to go. The Holy Spirit was their GPS, guiding them through prayer and visions.

Often I'm not sure what to do next and simply react to then next thing that appears before me. My life is meant to be more intentional than that. I need to invite the Holy Spirit to be my GPS.

Come Holy Spirit, be my counsellor, my guide, my advocate so I can be where I'm meant to be and doing what I meant to be doing, in Jesus' name.

Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.



No comments: