Tuesday, May 4, 2021

The Gift

Peace I bequeath to you, my own peace I give you, a peace the world cannot give, this is my gift to you.
Jn. 14:27

Jesus is about to enter his passion and death yet he is comforting his disciples. He gives out a gift that the world cannot give, that can only come from him, the gift of peace.

Peace is what the world craves because it is what the world cannot give. One of the first changes I noticed in my life when I committed my life to Jesus was peace. I no longer had that gnawing anxiety that I wasn't good enough, that I'd be found out to be way less than what I appeared. I had been found out but God loved me anyway. Oh the peace....

This peace is with me today. Oh what a priceless gift.

Thank you Jesus, Prince of Peace for lavishing on me your gift of peace. I pick up the gift again so I can be a bearer of peace to all I meet today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

 

No comments: