Friday, May 1, 2020

Right Place Right Heart

Then Ananias went. He entered the house, and at once laid his hands on Saul...Acts 9:17

Saul has been led blind into Damascus after encountering Jesus on the road. Ananias, a disciple in Damascus, is commissioned by Jesus to lay hands on Saul to heal and baptise him. Reluctantly, Ananias goes and Saul is healed of his blindness and baptised in the Holy Spirit.

I love a good testimony and this is a good testimony. It has the before, during and after ingredients. I wonder at Ananias the reluctant evangelist. Imagine being one who has led Saint Paul to Jesus. We hear nothing further about Ananias and yet he was pivotal in the spreading of the message to the pagans by Saint Paul. He was at the right place with the right heart.

Being at the right place with the right heart is something I can aspire to. Who knows what can come from doing my "bit" when prompted? I may lead a future saint to Jesus.

Lord Jesus, like Ananias I am often reluctant to your promptings. Like Ananias, help me be trusting and go anyway.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: