Friday, May 15, 2020

Obey the Command

This is my commandment: love one another, as I have loved you.Jn.15:12
Jesus continues his final encouragement to the disciples before his passion and death. He gives a command. Love one another.

This is the one area Jesus doesn't leave the choice up to us. He commands us to love. No options here. If I am to be a follower of Jesus, I must love. To not love is to disenfranchise myself from his Church.

It's that easy-to-say-but-hard-to-do catch. Some people aren't very lovely. I guess Jesus acknowledges that but would add no one is unlovable. In fact it can be love that transforms. That has certainly been my experience.

As a soldier in the Church Militant I obey this command from our supreme commander.  Today I will love others.

Jesus, thank you for loving me when I'm not very lovely. Help me in turn love others today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: