Tuesday, May 12, 2020

The Priceless Gift

‘Peace I bequeath to you, my own peace I give you, a peace the world cannot give, this is my gift to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.Jn.14:27
Jesus continues to comfort his disciples following the Last Supper. He gives a priceless gift to all who believe in him. Peace.

I think this is the only time Jesus is recorded saying the word gift. What is that gift? A peace the world cannot give. This is a desire placed in every human heart and it can only be found in Jesus. The world promises peace but it never permanently delivers.

When my heart is at peace, no matter my circumstances, joy is the first fruit. When I exhibit peace and joy I think I present the most authentic witness for Jesus. I then become a gift.

Jesus, you have given me the priceless gift of peace. Let me pass on that gift to others today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: