Thursday, April 30, 2020

Life of the World

I am the living bread which has come down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live for ever; and the bread that I shall give is my flesh, for the life of the world.Jn.6:51
The crowds have clamored after Jesus looking for another miracle of loaves. Jesus resists their demands and relentlessly proclaims who he is, bread from heaven, and what he came for, to be food for the life of the world.

The world. That's a big mission but that's who Jesus came to give life to. Like Philip in today's first reading from Acts, I'm to be led by the Spirit to people who are looking for an explanation of this fundamental of Jesus' proclamations. "Eat my flesh, drink my blood."

Jesus, many turned away from you, finding this teaching too hard. Help me be a witness to the good news that you are the life of the world.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: