Saturday, May 16, 2020

I am Hated I am Loved

If you belonged to the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you do not belong to the world, because my choice withdrew you from the world, therefore the world hates you.
Jn.15:19
In his final encouragement to the disciples Jesus warns that to follow him makes one an enemy of the world.

You don't become a Christian to gain popularity. It's a deeper calling that makes you not worry about the worldly consequences. In my western country, to be Christian is to be at the least ignored and marginalised or, at worst, mocked and scorned.

What is my response to this? Sometimes it is to stay quiet about my faith when the conversation turns to controversial things like abortion. Sometimes, when prompted by the Spirit I guess, I let it be known that I am Christian and that this gives me a particular world view.

The fact remains that, while the world hates me, Jesus loves me. There is no competition in my mind.

 Thank you Jesus for loving me. Help me be a courageous lover today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: