Sunday, May 17, 2020

Suffer for Right

And if it is the will of God that you should suffer, it is better to suffer for doing right than for doing wrong.
1Pt.3:17
Peter is encouraging the Church in the way they should live, reminding them that suffering for doing right can be the will of God.

In a sense I am currently "suffering" for doing what I consider is right. I've made a decision that has caused a reaction in my family that surprises me. I've gone over my decision and the reasons behind it and can not see why it has caused such an extreme response. I'm standing by my decision and having to take the heat.

This verse from Peter reminds me that suffering can be at times God's will and that I am to bear it patiently and with love.

Jesus, Saint Peter says that you, innocent though you were, suffered and died for us. Give me your patience and your love today.
Saint Peter, please pray for me.

No comments: