Thursday, May 7, 2020

Happy Servant

I tell you most solemnly, no servant is greater than his master, no messenger is greater than the man who sent him. Now that you know this, happiness will be yours if you behave accordingly.Jn.13:16,17

Jesus has just washed the disciples feet. He underscores his action by saying service is the path to happiness.

God's Kingdom is contrary to the world. The world says fight to be on top of the heap. Jesus says submit to being on the bottom. The world says happiness is only found on the top of the heap. Jesus says it is only found on the bottom.

My flesh wants to be "king of the castle" as the children's rhyme goes. My spirit knows it is an empty promise.  Today I choose to be a happy servant.

Jesus, you are the Servant King. Help me follow your example of service so true happiness shall be mine.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: