Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Don't Stay in the Dark

Whoever believes in me believes not in me but in the one who sent me, and whoever sees me, sees the one who sent me. I, the light, have come into the world, so that whoever believes in me need not stay in the dark any more.Jn.12:44-46
Jesus is declaring publicly who he is and what his mission is... to dispel darkness with light.

Outside my window a glorious sunrise is unfolding. Most crime happens at night. Dark attracts dark deeds. To combat crime we install security lighting. Light dispels darkness.

Spiritual security lighting in my life dispels spiritual darkness. Reading the Bible, prayer, receiving the sacraments all bring the light of Christ into my life. Darkness from the evil one is dispelled. This morning prayer time is a huge floodlight into my life. I need not stay in the dark any more.

Thank you Jesus for the call you place on me each morning. Help me be as faithful to you so I may receive your light and be a light for others.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: