Saturday, May 23, 2020

Love from Love

The Father himself loves you for loving me and believing that I came from God.Jn.16.:27
Jesus continues his last discourse to his disciples before going to his Passion and death. He assures them that their love of him has earned the love of God the Father.

Belief in and loving Jesus results in receiving the love of the Father. Love begets love. Isn't the true of all relationships. I've watched my wife love our grandchildren and I see in them a blossoming of love for her in return.

Love begets love. What a glorious exchange. What a wonderful way to enter into this day the Lord has made and rejoice in it.

I love you Lord
and I lift my voice
to worship you.
Take joy my King.
in what you hear
May it be a sweet sweet sound 
in your ear.

Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.




No comments: