Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Joyful Seed Caster

I have told you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name are my witness; but you do not believe because you are no sheep of mine.
Jn.10:25,26
Jesus is in the temple and the Jews goad him to say plainly who he is. Jesus knows no amount of  words or works will convince them.

The same is true today. There are those who are open and those who are closed. All deserve to be told the Good News but don't keep hammering at the closed. They are a brick wall. Move on with the open.

Alpha is like this. The seed is cast into all hearts. Some hearts are rocky, others fertile ground. My role, I guess, is just to be a joyful seed-caster.

Jesus, you know what it is to be rejected. Help me not be dejected when rejected but always full of hope and joy.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: